The Master of Management major in Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship (MM-ABME) degree program is envisioned to produce graduates who will invigorate the economy by engaging in entrepreneurial ventures, creating jobs and fuelling the growth of the food and agribusiness system.
The curriculum has a total of 39 units which can be completed in two years. It is composed of 9 units of core courses, 30 units of major courses.
MGT 201 Organization and Management (3 units)
MGT 213 Management Accounting and Control (3 units)
MGT 231 Human Behavior in Organization (3 units)
MGT 215 Financial Management (3 units)
MGT 221 Quantitative Methods in Administration (3 units)
MGT 251 Marketing Management (3 units)
MGT 281 Business Policy (3 units)
ABME 203 Advanced Agribusiness (3 units)
ABME 207 Innovative and Integrative Arrangements in Managing Agribusiness Enterprises (3 units)
ABME 240 Agribusiness Operations Management (3 units)
ABME 298 Field Studies (3 units)
ENTR 201 Theory and Practice of Entrepreneurship (3 units)
ENTR 271 Technology Commercialization and Technopreneurship (3 units)
Prospective students may apply directly to the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) Graduate School (GS) or through the DAME.
General Documentary Requirements:
- A duly accomplished application form
- One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of Official Transcript of Record, in English language
- One photocopy of undergraduate degree program diploma received; ***If with a previous master’s degree, include transcript of record and diploma in the submission. ***
- Two accomplished recommendation form from former professors, which must be submitted in a separate mail or hand carried by the applicant or a representative in a sealed envelope to DAME or to the Graduate School
- Proof of payment of nonrefundable application fee of PhP500, which can be placed through following payment options:
a. direct cash payment at the UPLB Cashier’s Office
b. postal money order remitted to the Graduate School
c. JRS and LBC courier services
All documents must be received by DAME or the Graduate School on or before the following dates:
First Semester (August) admission: 15 May
- At least two year of management-related work experience in a cooperative or community-based organization;
- Two recommendations with at least a “Satisfactory” rating;
- Proof of English language proficiency (for foreign students);
- A satisfactory performance in the MM Midyear Program*; and
- Compliance with the other requirements of the UPLB Graduate School
Applicants will be notified on the result of application through mail and email. If no email has been received, this means that the application is still on process.
For inquiries about the MM-ABME Program, contact us as +63(49) 536 2846
For more details about the application procedures, visit UPLB Graduate School.