A joint graduate program offering of ICOPED and the Department of Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
There has been a rapid growth in the number and types of cooperative enterprises requiring professional managerial and entrepreneurial skills. The new Philippine Cooperative Code of 2008 (R.A. 9520) declares that the policy of the government is “to foster the creation and growth of cooperatives as a practical vehicle for promoting self-reliance and harnessing people power towards the attainment of economic development and social justice. Toward this end, the Government and all its branches, subdivisions, instrumentalities and agencies shall ensure the provision of technical guidance, financial assistance and other services to enable cooperatives to develop into viable and responsive economic enterprises”.
In the MM-CM program, the students will gain knowledge about general management and entrepreneurial and cooperative management skills. Hence, the student can become the manager of a business enterprise or be a cooperative manager or officer.
Objective of the Program
The program aims to provide students with advanced knowledge on the functional areas of management, entrepreneurship and enterprise development that are consistent with the cooperative values and principles.
Prospective students may apply directly to the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) Graduate School or through ICOPED
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (4-year degree course) or its equivalent from any recognized institution.
General Documentary Requirements:
1. A duly accomplished application form
2. One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of Official Transcript of Record, in English language
3. One photocopy of undergraduate degree program diploma received;
***If with a previous master’s degree, include transcript of record and diploma in the submission. ***
4. Two accomplished recommendation form from former professors, which must be submitted in a separate mail or handcarried by the applicant or a representative in a sealed envelope to ICOPED or to the Graduate School
5. Proof of payment of nonrefundable application fee of PhP500, which can be placed through following payment options:
– direct cash payment at the UPLB Cashier’s Office
– postal money order remitted to the Graduate School
– JRS and LBC courier services
All documents must be received by ICOPED or the Graduate School on or before the following dates:
First Semester (August) admission: 30 May
Second Semester (January) admission: 30 October
1. At least one year of management-related work experience in a cooperative or community-based organization;
2. Two recommendations with at least a “Satisfactory” rating;
3. Proof of English language proficiency (for foreign students);
4. Satisfactory performance in the MM Midyear Program; and
5. Compliance with the other requirements of the UPLB Graduate School
Applicants will be notified on the result of application through mail and email. If no email has been received, this means that the application is still on process.
For inquiries about the MM-CM Program, contact us as +63(49) 536 3266.
For more details about the application procedures, visit UPLB Graduate School.